Elfia, the land where you can bring your dreams to life and share them with others. An Empire with its own flag, passport and national anthem, led by a royal head of state who is elected annually.
Update March 28, 2022: results of the 1st election round
The 7 ambassadors of Elfia have announced in a secret ballot the two finalists for the throne of Elfia:
the Norse Protectors
the Court of the Ruby QueenOn Sunday 24 April, the definitive heir to the throne will be designated in ‘the Passage’. And let’s hope that our current dictator, uncle Roly, will relinquish his power.
Update 23 March: 1st election round:
The 7 ambassadors of Elfia will soon be voting in a secret ballot. The two candidates with the most votes will be invited to attend Elfia on April 23 & 24. On April 24, the head of the diplomatic corps of Elfia will announce on behalf of all ambassadors which candidate has received the most votes. Immediately after this announcement, the winner will be crowned the new head of state of Elfia for a period of 1 year.
The candidates currently running for the position of Head of State are listed below in random order.
- Commander Allyna & Counselor Melanie: “I’m very invested and ambitious in all my projects and roles, when I have responsibilities I try my hardest to make sure everything is done correctly. I am raised with fantasy and magical realms, this gave me a creative mind and another way to look at the world. I’d work this creative view into the way I would lead Elfia”.
- Halfdan & Saga, the Norse Protectors.: “we come from cold but beautiful lands and protect our home from dangers. We love to fight as well as to have fun and drink mead. We are curious of foreign lands and always are looking forward to new adventures and travels. One day as we were busy with our everyday life and simple tasks that kept us busy between travels, raids and feasts we heard the voices calling for us and we came to the seer who told us of our great destiny…to save the kingdom of Elfia and bring the joy and happiness back after dark lonely times, hunger and famish of its magical inhabitants. We felt the changes in us as we have learned of what Odin and Freya have prepared for us. We are ready to defend the Kingdom of Elfia from dangers surrounding it and bring back the magical blessings and bliss to magical creatures also known as Elfians. Grettir’s saga says that there is a time for everything.” Check out their Youtube videos
- Ruby Queen Aurelia: “as the current ruling party of our beloved homeworld Nirin, we know like no other how important it is to have stable leadership. In order to have peace amongst all people so divided and unique, one must be steadfast and true. Rulers need to seek wisdom and need to be familiar with the very people they ought to protect. However, as you are well aware, we are now naught but refugees from that beautiful world we once called Home (Nirin). Wrecked by the all-consuming shadowbeast that was one of our beloved first Kings of eld, we fled. And in doing so, we brought along anyone who we could rescue and bring to safety (some of which found a home at the Kindom of Elfia). By visiting the Kingdom of Elfia we hope to gather enough magic to create ourselves a new home like the one we have lost (or even better). And we invite all whom are willing, to join us.” Check out their Youtube videos
How do you become an ambassador?
In principle, each ambassador can stay on for 4 years. Ambassadors are currently installed for the UK, Spain, Slovenia, France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany. If you are a resident of a country that does not yet have an Elfia ambassador, and if you are interested in representing and promoting Elfia in your country, please register at the office of our diplomatic corps in Spain via email: diplomaticcorps @ elfia.com . Clearly describe your motivation. Who knows, you might choose the new heir to the throne next time.
update March 1, 2022: registrations have ended!
From 2022, there will be some changes to the royal election rules of our beloved kingdom. With the arrival of Elfia ambassadors in various countries in the world, a different design of the elections has also been chosen.
Previously, Elfians could vote for a candidate during the event. Unfortunately, the number of votes usually did not exceed a few hundred. That is why we have now opted for a different design. Voting rights now accrue to each sitting ambassador or ambassador, as well as one vote to the reigning head of state (also in the case of a duo, this counts as 1 vote). At the moment there are 7 ambassadors, in UK, Slovenia, Spain, Netherlands, France, Germany, Belgium. Each ambassador usually holds the post for 4 years and therefore also has 4 years of voting rights. Every new ambassador (either to replace an old ambassador or for an embassy post in a new country) is automatically given the right to vote. The elections are conducted in secret under the leadership of the marshal of the diplomatic corps. In the event of a tie, the vote of the marshal is decisive.
When next elections
The next election will be in 2022 for the head of state Elfia will lead that year. Candidates can register up to and including February 2022 using the form below
How do you increase your chances of being elected?
The ambassadors and the reigning head of state choose from among all the candidates who they think can best represent Elfia. They do not only look at the written statement, but also at the presentation. So the better you present yourself in photo and/or video, the greater your chance of being elected. It is also very important whether the candidate shows pleasure in his/her presentation.
Another important factor to consider is how well and how actively you can and want to promote Elfia through the various social channels after the elections.
Head of state or royal couple?
You can participate in the elections as 1 person or with a partner and/or with an entourage. However, a maximum of two persons can be regarded as joint head of state. If you participate with more than two people, the others will be regarded as entourage and not as head of state, if you win the election.
When winner announced?
The two candidates who received the most votes in the secret ballot will be invited by the organization to attend Elfia in April of that year. These two candidates can experience Elfia for free on both days (if a candidate consists of more than two people, then two people have a maximum of free admission on both Saturday and Sunday). The eventual winner will be announced at a special ceremony on Sunday, as well as immediately installed by the Marshall of the Diplomatic Corps.
Won and then what?
- After the official installation, a short parade will be held to congratulate the new head of state.
- The new head of state also sits on the jury of the Costume Parade on both Saturday and Sunday.
- During Elfia in September of the same year and during Elfia the following year in April, the winner will officially open Elfia. Make sure you always have a very short, but also playful opening text at hand.
- Of course you (and possibly your fellow head of state) have free access to Elfia in the year of the election.
- Even if you resign, you will continue to have access on both days of the Elfia event in both April and September.
- You retain the right to free access for a maximum of 10 years after the end of your election year. If you have been chosen as an example in 2022, you retain the right to free access up to and including the year 2032. Please note: the right to free access is always personal and non-transferable.
- As a head of state, you will also receive a royal decoration, as well as a number of other gifts.
During your reign you will continue to be proactive in promoting Elfia. In addition to interviews that can be provided by the Elfia organization, you are also expected to actively approach the media yourself. At the end of your reign, this obligation expires
- From 2022, every year on the Saturday of the April event, a special, very limited, commemorative coin in bronze will appear. The head of state who is still reigning at that time will be depicted on the coin. Incidentally, this very exclusive coin can also be used for catering consumption.
Want to become an ambassador?
Would you like to continue as an ambassador after your reign? Then submit a request via email to email@example.com . There are several possibilities:
- if the country of your nationality already has an ambassador, your candidacy will be considered for the period after the term of the current ambassador
- if the country of your nationality does not yet have an ambassador, and if you are found suitable to represent and promote Elfia in your country, you can be appointed as an ambassador fairly quickly. Your official installation will then take place at the next Elfia event