Elfia, the land where you can bring your dreams to life and share them with others. An Empire with its own flag, passport and national anthem, led by a royal head of state who is elected annually. For an overview of the ex-royals, look here
Yes, it happened. On February 2, white smoke rose from the chimney of the Elfia embassy in Spain, which also houses the marshal of the diplomatic corps of Elfia: the signal that a new king had been elected.
The result: the fierce but noble Warrior King has been chosen as the new king of Elfia. He will be crowned on Sunday, April 23, 2023. A heavy burden rests on his shoulders.
Make sure you are present at the majestic temple of Elfia on Sunday April 23 to pay tribute to the new king. It will strengthen his determination to protect Elfia.
Do you want – and can you – rule Elfia for 1 year in 2024?
If the answer to the above question is ‘yes’, register now as a candidate for the succession to the throne of the kingdom of Elfia, and who knows, you may be crowned as the new head of state of Elfia in the weekend of April 2024. Registration is very simple: fill in the form at the bottom of this page at the end of this year.
If the answer to the above question is ‘yes’, register now as a candidate for the succession to the throne of the kingdom of Elfia, and who knows, you may be crowned as the new head of state of Elfia in the weekend of April 2024. Registration is very simple: fill in the form at the bottom of this page. You have until January 31, 2023.
- Voting rights now belong to you as Elfian. You can express your preference for a candidate via a poll on YouTube. The final choice of the Elfian audience counts as 1 vote
- the reigning head of state (also in the case of a duo this counts as 1 vote)
- each sitting ambassador or ambassador (7 ambassadors, in UK, Slovenia, Spain, Netherlands, France, Germany, Belgium)
- the Marshall of the Diplomatic Corps of Elfia, Roly Rotherham. In the event of a tied vote, his vote shall be decisive.
The elections are conducted in secret under the leadership of the Marshall of the Diplomatic Corps of Elfia.
Note: Candidates are strictly prohibited from contacting the reigning Head of State and/or individual ambassadors in any form during the election period (which runs from December to January 2023). Any contact with the head of state and ambassadors during this period will be seen as an attempt to influence the election. Violators of this rule may be punished with disqualification.
When next elections?
the public polls will take place from January 27 until februari 1, 2024
the secret ballot of the head of state and the ambassadors will take place on February 1, 2024
Candidates can register, using the form below at the end of 2023.
How do you increase your chances of being elected?
The public, as well as the ambassadors and the reigning head of state choose from among all the candidates who they think can best represent Elfia. They do not only look at the written statement, but also at the presentation. So the better you present yourself in photo and/or video, the greater your chance of being elected. It is also very important whether the candidate shows pleasure in his/her presentation.
Another important factor to consider is how well and how actively you can and want to promote Elfia through the various social channels after the elections.
Head of state or royal couple?
You can participate in the elections as 1 person or with a partner. However, a maximum of two persons can be regarded as joint head of state.
When is the winner announced?
The eventual winner will be announced live in February 2023 by the Marshall of the Diplomatic Corps. The winner will be invited by the organization to attend Elfia in April of that year. During a special ceremony on Sunday, the winner will be presented to the people of Elfia, followed by a ceremony in the temple of Elfia. The announcement of the winner has been brought forward – before the event takes place – so that we have enough time to mint the new Elfo coin in honor of the new ‘head of state’ of Elfia.
Won and then what?
- After the official installation, a short parade will be held to congratulate the new head of state.
- During Elfia in September of the same year and during Elfia the following year in April, the winner will officially address Elfia. Make sure you always have a very short, but also fun text at hand.
- Of course you (and possibly your co-head of state) have free access to Elfia in the year of the election.
- Even if you resign, you will continue to have access on both days of the Elfia event in both April and September.
- You retain the right to free access for a maximum of 10 years after the end of your election year. If you have been chosen as an example in 2022, you retain the right to free access up to and including the year 2032. Please note: the right to free access is always personal and non-transferable.
- As head of state you will also receive a royal decoration, and a number of other gifts including a life-size banner (one of the banners will be displayed at every Elfia event, along with all the other banners. In addition, a specially minted bronze commemorative coin, an Elfo, will be be, with the imprint of your head.
- During your reign you will continue to be proactive in promoting Elfia. In addition to interviews that can be provided by the Elfia organization, you are also expected to actively approach the media yourself. This obligation expires at the end of your term of office.
Participation procedure is closed (See Form below to participate in the elections)