WHEN, WHERE AND DURING WHAT HOURS WILL ELFIA TAKE PLACE?
DATE: 23 & 24 SEP 2017
Saturday 10.00 – 22.00
Sunday 10.00 - 19.00
5944 BE Arcen
SHUTTLE BUSES, TRAINS, CARS; HOW DO I GET THERE?
Check our 'travel & stay' in the website menu
HOW MUCH DO THE ENTRANCE TICKETS COST?
Check our 'tickets' in the website menu
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED ON THE TERRAIN OF ELFIA?
Due to overcrowded situations, last year at the entrance gates as well as on the parking lot; we have decided, together with the local authorities (e.g. municipality, police and castle organisation), that the amount of people allowed on the terrain will be limited to 15,000 a day. We want to advise you to buy your tickets in time so that you can be sure you can enjoy a day at Elfia.
WHERE CAN I BUY MY TICKETS?
The tickets can be ordered online until September 23; they will only be sold online. During the event you can buy tickets at the castle gate.
IS IT ALLOWED TO HAVE MY TICKET SCANNED ON MY SMARTPHONE?
Yes, it is possible to have your ticket scanned on your smartphone. So you do not necessarily need to carry a paper version. Make sure your phone is charged!
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I LOST MY E-TICKET OR IF I ORDERED A TICKET FOR THE WRONG DAY?
In that case, you can go email to email@example.com . They will email you back within a few hours. Please take very good care that you ordered the correct day. Technically it is not possible to change a ticket of one day for a ticket of the other day.
IS THE CASTLE ITSELF AS WELL OPEN FOR VISITORS DURING THE ELFIA?
HOW MUCH DOES THE PARKING OF A CAR DURING ELFIA COST?
A parking ticket is valid for one day and costs €5. These parking tickets can be acquired at the cash register of the castle and must be shown when leaving the premises. The parking lot lies at the front of Castle Arcen, near the entrance.
IS AN ATM FACILITY AVAILABLE AT ELFIA?
On the festival terrain at Kasteeltuinen Arcen there is NO ATM available. We strongly recommend you to have enough cash money when you enter the Elfia. There is an ATM in the village, 10 minutes walk from the castle.
CAN I BUY FOOD AND BEVERAGE WITH MONEY OR SPECIAL COINS?
At Elfia Arcen you can buy food and beverage with your own money. No special food or beverage coins will be sold.
The toilets will cost € 0.50 per use.
CAN I TAKE MY OWN FOOD AND BEVERAGE WITH ME?
Officially, you may not bring your own food and beverage. At the entrance, we will check out for big quantities. We will make exceptions for people with special diets and who can show us a prescription when requested.
IS THE PROGRAM THE SAME ON EACH DAY OR DOES IS DIFFER?
The program is largely the same for both days with (possibly) a few exceptions. Not often, yet still a possibility: sometimes an actor, author or special guest can only be part of the event for one day. Because of the very full program, it is worth your while to visit the Elfia Fair on both days since it almost impossible to participate in all the activities in one day.
MANY PEOPLE GO ELFIA IN A COSTUME OR UNIQUE ATTIRE.
IS THAT OBLIGATORY?
Everyone who visits the Elfia Fair is free to dress as they please. Dress up or dress down; casual or in full battle gear - it doesn’t matter. However, the ambience is created for a large part by the visitors and their appearance.
IS THERE A POSSIBILITY TO STORE MY GOODS/BAGS SOMEWHERE?
Yes at the Elfia Merchandise&Lockers stand you can store your stuff for a fee of €5 per day. You can even buy an Elfia big shopper to store your stuff in, with a nice discount. Also nice for at home!
ARE ANIMALS ALLOWED ON THE GROUNDS OF ELFIA?
Dogs are allowed on the terrain, as long as they are kept on a leash. Other animals are only allowed after consulting with the Elfia organization.
CAN I TAKE PICTURES OF THE EVENT (INCLUDING ALL PARTICIPANTS)?
It is allowed for visitors to take pictures during and at the event, as long as it is meant for private use and it doesn’t have any commercial purposes. Professional photographers can apply for a press card at Anneke@elfia.com . The organization, however, keeps the right of use on all pictures that are made (see also our General Guidelines).
ARE THE ELFIA GROUNDS ACCESSIBLE FOR WHEELCHAIR USERS?
The grounds of Elfia are open to everyone but there are limitations for disabled people. Small parts of the castle gardens are not accessible, or difficult to access with wheelchairs. On the terrain are also toilets available for disabled people. However, there are no wheelchairs available to be rent on the terrain.
WHERE CAN I FIND LODGING AND ACCOMMODATION?
We want to help the visitors of Elfia to find lodgings and accommodations by giving you a number of options; which helps you to find a number of accommodations close to the terrain of Elfia. In case you want to start your journey to Elfia a day earlier, or if you want to visit two days; it is useful to have a place to stay for the night. You can find our list of lodgings and accommodations on our website under 'travel & stay'.
IS IT ALLOWED FOR ME TO DO SOME FIRE BREATHING?
It is allowed to do some fire breathing on the terrain. However, you need to bring your own equipment; you need to be careful not to harm any living being as well as your surroundings and you need to heed the instructions of the Elfia organization and/or fire brigade.
1. It is always prohibited to enter the grass when the weather conditions are wet, damp and rainy. You must follow the instructions given by the employees of Elfia and castle organization at all times.
2. The terrain is open to visitors from 10 am till 10 pm on Saturday and 10 am till 7 pm on Sunday. The visitors are required to leave the premises after the event has ended
3. Elfia is not liable for costs or damages which have been caused for visitors and/or goods, as a direct or indirect consequence of actions or negligence of other visitors, exhibitors and the organization of Kasteeltuinen Arcen during or in relation to the executions.
4. Elfia is in no way liable for damages or loss of personal property.
5. Elfia is in no way liable for personal accidents which occur on the Elfia terrain.
6. It is prohibited to bring chairs, benches and/or tables along to the festival terrain.
7. It is prohibited to bring along one’s own food and/or drinks to the festival terrain.
8. Possession of, selling or using liquor or (soft) drugs is prohibited.
9. Respect and take care of the buildings, the plants and the animals of Kasteeltuin Arcen. This means a.o. that it is not allowed to pick flowers or pull out plants; that no items in the parks should be damaged and that no garbage must be left behind on the terrain (please deposit all garbage in bins).
2. TICKETS AND ENTRANCE
1. Only original tickets are valid.
2. Tickets are only valid for the day which is mentioned on the ticket.
3. Tickets can not be exchanged for money.
4. Tickets can in no way be returned.
5. The organization is not responsible for loss or theft of the ticket.
6. Children of 2 years and younger have free entry.
3. FOOD & DRINKS
1. As it is common on other festivals, so is the Elfia organization also bound to forbid the consuming of bring-along food and drinks. Therefore it is not allowed to enter the premises with food and drinks with the exception of prescribed diets.
2. Two drink-water tap points will be available on the terrain where visitors can get water for free.
Each of the mentioned guests is under reservation. Elfia however is not responsible for deviations therein and damages which may have occurred to visitors and/or third parties. Elfia is also not liable for deviations therein and damages which have occurred to visitors and/or third parties.
5. FLYERING ON AND AROUND ELFIA
1. To actively distribute leaflets on the terrain is prohibited; this also applies for parking spaces and the surrounding locations. Distributing leaflets means to pass around folders, windshield stickers, and post, wall and window stickers.
2. The prohibition on distributing leaflets and such is a prohibition enforced by the commune, police, Kasteeltuinen de Haar and Elfia, due to general order and environmental concerns.
6. IMAGE AND AUDIO RECORDINGS
1. Elfia beholds the right to make or either have make image and/or audio recordings, either by order or without assignment.
2. When a person participates in Elfia then he/she is aware of the possibility that there is a chance that you might appear on images which may also be used for publicity purposes for Elfia. Persons who appear in this kind of recordings have no right to any kind of reward.
3. Publication of recordings by Elfia gives no right whatsoever to any kind of reward.
4. It is allowed to bring amateur photo and video equipment for personal use.
5.. The use of photo and video material which has been made at Elfia for other purposes than personal use is prohibited.
6.. Image and audio recordings that have been made at and/or of Elfia is exclusively allowed for non-commercial purposes. For commercial use of material the organization must be consulted and a written approval is required in advance.
It is not allowed to sell products on and around the terrain without consent from the organization. This also includes also private sale and sale of food and beverages.
8. SOLD PRODUCTS
1. Elfia is not responsible for products that are sold by exhibitors.
2. Elfia uses no quality marks in any form.
3. Elfia is not responsible for flaws on sold products. This also includes defect weapons, broken armours etc.
4. Elfia strives to have exhibitors, visitors and entertainment use animal skins and furs which come from animals that have not purposely been bred for their skin or fur.
5. Selling pointed and strike weapons which are blunt, is allowed at Elfia as long as the weapons have a historic (older than the 20th century) character or display unmistakable Fantasy features. Besides that the sale of (cross) bows is also allowed, these weapons also must have either historic or Fantasy characteristics. Arrows are only allowed to be sold.
1. No airsoft or paintball guns are allowed in Elfia. Repeatedly we get questions if airsoft or paintball guns are allowed in Elfia as part of a costume. Airsoft guns are often replicas of real weapons and almost indistinguishable from real ones. Airsoft guns are permitted by law to previously identified areas which are registered to the Dutch airsoft association. Neither the castle organization nor Elfia are considered as such an event and airsoft guns are therefore PROHIBITED at our event. This also goes for empty ones without ammunition or batteries. Visitors with airsoft guns will be refused at the entrance and possibly removed from the site.
If you want a "firearm" as a part of a costume, ensure yourself that the weapon can be recognized from a distance as a fake weapon and foresee the end of your barrel of a yellow or orange cap. Nerf guns are not a problem in Elfia. Visitors are allowed to walk around freely with Nerf weapons as mentioned above. Using these Nerf weapons is merely allowed under the supervision of professionals and at least 5 metres away from the public. Firing of a (cross-) bow can only take place under the supervision of professionals and on for that purpose indicated shooting ranges.
Sharp stabweapons are not allowed on the terrain. These weapons are only allowed if they are blunt(ed).
2. Transporting stab and strike weapons and bows on the public roads from and to the event terrain can only happen when the mentioned weapons are securely wrapped and can only be unwrapped with at least three actions according to the dutch law.
3. Weapons (for LARP or Role-playing etc.) that are made of rubber and/or latex are allowed.
4. The security and terrain organization however have final say in the matter if weapons are prohibited on the terrain.
1. Elfia beholds the right to seize goods/products that, according to the organization, may pose a danger to the owner or to others. These seized products/goods shall be stored and the owner can retrieve them with the organization at the end of the event.
2. Elfia is not liable for theft, destruction or other defects that has occurred during the seizing and storing of the goods/products.
3. Seized goods/products shall be stored for two weeks after the seizing. After that period the goods shall be destroyed.
Taking surveys is only allowed with a written of the organization. This also includes petitions, questionnaires and interviews in any form.
Own transportation - Parking: In the near vicinity of the castle there are parking facilities. The parking facilities are arranged by the castle organization, Elfia is in that matter in no way responsible or liable for any damage. for more info, check our website.
13. SUPPLYING INFORMATION
Elfia does not make her contact information available to third parties. Should you want to be removed from this contact database then you can make this known to Elfia: Elfoffice@elfia.com
1. Visitors are free to dress themselves in any costume they wish and behave the way they see fit, as long as they show respect towards other visitors.
2. Strictly forbidden are items (this also applies for accessories and costumes) and expressions with a (extreme left or right winged) political character; a discriminative character or which are in conflict with conditions from the Dutch constitution. Also forbidden are depictions of the Nazi Swastika and the Nazi SS Symbol, which are forbidden by the Dutch High Court.
3. We also do not condone any form of (verbal) violence. In case of an argument you must turn to someone of the organization of Elfia. You are not allowed to take right into your own hands.
15. REMAINING CONDITIONS
1. Dogs are allowed on most parts of the festival terrain but they must be kept on a leash. Please heed the signs.
2. Horses are not allowed, exceptions are cases in which the organization has given written approval.
3. Open fires are not allowed, exceptions are cases in which the organization has given written approval.
4. The Elfia terrain is limited accessible for wheelchairs users. Throughout the park and in the castle sufficient toilets for disabled people can be found.
5. Beside these conditions for visitors, all the visitors, employees and others should respect also the conditions of the castle organisation. You can find these conditions at the website of the castle.
6. Unwanted visitors can be denied access to the terrain by the organisation without further notice.